California CDL Doubles & Triples Practice Test (CA) 2020
Our super California CDL doubles & triples test for super-achievers. Everyone else is welcome too!
California CDL Test Facts
- Questions: 50
- Correct answers to pass: 40
- Passing score: 80%
- Test locations: Department of Motor Vehicles (DMV) Offices
- Test languages: English, Spanish
- Based upon: California Commercial Driver Handbook
Are you studying to become a commercial driver in San Diego, San Francisco, Los Angeles or another part of California? If you ultimately hope to drive large Class A vehicles pulling two or more trailers, you will need to add a California doubles and triples endorsement to your main commercial driving license. The CA doubles and triples practice test for 2020 we provide here on ePermitTest.com can whip your knowledge into shape ready for this DMV written test! Class A vehicles with double and triple trailers are among the heaviest and most challenging vehicles to drive; consequently, obtaining a learners permit is not as easy as it would be if you aimed to drive a taxi, box truck or similar low to medium weight commercial vehicle. You should only begin using our doubles and triples endorsement practice test once you have dealt with the CDL general knowledge permit test and any mandatory endorsements for this vehicle type. Not sure what these endorsements are? Don’t worry – we are here to help!
Having passed the CDL general knowledge DMV permit test in California, the temptation may be to jump straight to studying for your doubles and triples permit, otherwise known as a “T” endorsement. In fact, there are a couple of other CDL CA practice test quizzes on our website which you will need prior to this doubles and triples CDL practice test. All double and triple trailer vehicles qualify as combination vehicles, with single trailer vehicles being their smaller counterparts. Therefore, all aspiring drivers of double and triple-trailer vehicles must take the California CDL combination test for a Combination Vehicles endorsement to obtain basic knowledge about managing this vehicle-type, before moving on to the more specified T endorsement. The Air Brakes endorsement is also mandatory for double and triple trailer vehicle operatives, as all combination vehicles are fitted with air brakes. Consequently, it is advisable to get this endorsement DMV test under your belt too, before moving on to study for your doubles and triples exam with this Class A license California practice test.
If you still need to pass the Combination Vehicles endorsement exam, we recommend spending some time working with our alternate California combination CDL practice test to get you through it. Once all your other compulsory endorsements are out of the way, you can return to this 2020 DMV practice test for California doubles and triples drivers without the risk of confusing your studies. Bear in mind that the load you intend to carry when you become a qualified double and triple trailer commercial driver may demand further endorsements, if it is in liquid form or qualifies as a hazardous material.
This CDL practice test for California doubles and triples endorsement applicants is built around realistic DMV test questions, many of which are extracted by our expert team from real-life endorsement test papers. As such, they target every vital topic in the doubles and triples section of the California permit test study guide, including roll-over prevention, understanding the “crack the whip” effect, coupling procedures and other road safety considerations. These questions are formatted the same way as those on the real California CDL doubles and triples test, featuring multiple possible answers of which only one is correct. Our CDL doubles and triples practice test for California applicants is an excellent learning tool, as every correct answer will be displayed once you have entered a response, helping you to learn from mistakes as they are made. When you have used this free Class A practice test for California a few times and are happy with your grade – why not move on to our more advanced doubles and triples test cheat sheet?
Pick another quiz
- California CDL Practice Test 20 questions
- CA CDL Practice Test 2: General Knowledge 20 questions
- CA CDL Practice Test 3: General Knowledge 20 questions
- CA CDL Practice Test 4: General Knowledge 20 questions
- California Road Signs CDL Practice Test 20 questions
- California DMV CDL Test Cheat Sheet 50 questions
- CA CDL Drivers License Test Simulator 50 questions
- California CDL Combination Practice Test 20 questions
- California Combination CDL Test Cheat Sheet 20 questions
- California CDL Air Brakes Practice Test 20 questions
- California Air Brakes CDL Test Cheat Sheet 25 questions
- California CDL HazMat Practice Test 20 questions
- California HazMat CDL Test Cheat Sheet 30 questions
- California CDL Doubles / Triples Practice Test In Progress
- California Doubles CDL Test Cheat Sheet 20 questions
- California CDL Tanker Practice Test 20 questions
- California Tanker CDL Test Cheat Sheet 20 questions
- California CDL Passenger Practice Test 20 questions
- California Passenger CDL Test Cheat Sheet 20 questions
- California CDL School Bus Practice Test 20 questions
- California School Bus CDL Test Cheat Sheet 20 questions