Virginia CDL General Knowledge Practice Test (VA) # 3
Waste no time on study guides that don't work, get your commercial license with this 2020 Virginia class B practice test!
Virginia CDL Test Facts
- Questions: 50
- Correct answers to pass: 40
- Passing score: 80%
- Test locations: Department of Motor Vehicles (DMV) Offices
- Test languages: English, Spanish
- Based upon: Virginia CDL Manual
Wondering where you can find a high-quality CDL Class B practice test for Virginia? We’ve got an authentic, free Class B practice test for Virginia here on this website! Of our many free CDL practice tests, this one is suitable to use as both a Class A and Class B license practice test for Virginia. You can even use this VA CDL practice test 2020 if you’re taking the DMV permit test for a standard Class C commercial drivers license! In case you didn’t already know, the VA DMV test is the same for all three classes of driving license, so you don’t need to worry about finding a class-specific drivers permit practice test – this one covers everything you need to know!
The CDL DMV test for Virginia is also known as the CDL general knowledge test. It covers all the fundamental knowledge you need to safely operate a commercial vehicle from road rules and signs, to basic driving skills. The idea is that the DMV written test 2020 for VA will get you to the stage where you can start taking practical driving lessons under the guidance of an instructor. Our CDL general knowledge practice test for Virginia has been constructed with all of this information in mind, so you know you are being tested on the right subjects!
Just like the real DMV permit test, this DMV practice test 2020 VA quiz uses material covered in the VA DMV handbook. Therefore, you will need to read the DMV handbook at least once in order to get any benefit from the DMV test questions presented on this practice permit test for Virginia. Cutting corners won’t do you any good – the DMV permit practice test can only help you if you’re at least loosely familiar with the material in the VA DMV handbook.
If a Class B drivers license is what you ultimately choose to go for, you will be licensed to drive most mid-weight commercial vehicles. School buses and single trucks both fall into the Class B category, although there are some exceptions with particularly large vehicles. If you secure a Class B license, you will also be allowed to operate any smaller vehicles that fall into the Class C category. Unfortunately, Class A vehicles will be off limits as that is considered to be a more advanced commercial drivers license. This is primarily due to the size of the vehicles being driven, not due to any difference in general knowledge on the VA DMV permit test, because as we’ve already discussed – they are exactly the same exam!
Another similarity between the Class B and Class A learners permit is that they both require the applicant to pass an Air Brake endorsement DMV VA permit test. There are a whole host of other endorsements a learner driver may choose to add to their license; which tests you need to take will be dependent on factors like cargo, and additional equipment you might need to know how to operate. You would need a Passenger endorsement to drive a school bus or a taxi, or if you wanted to drive a vehicle which transports flammable liquids you would need a HazMat endorsement (to carry hazardous materials) and a Tank endorsement (to transport liquids). The Air Brake DMV permit test is compulsory as all Class B and Class A vehicles are equipped with air brakes.
You can consider using an Air Brake endorsement DMV practice permit test when you’re done with the CDL general knowledge DMV permit test. For now, get started with our fast, free VA CDL practice test 2020 to see how good your general knowledge is!
Pick another quiz
- Virginia CDL Practice Test 20 questions
- VA CDL Practice Test 2: General Knowledge 20 questions
- VA CDL Practice Test 3: General Knowledge In Progress
- VA CDL Practice Test 4: General Knowledge 20 questions
- Virginia DMV CDL Test Cheat Sheet 50 questions
- VA CDL Drivers License Test Simulator 50 questions
- Virginia CDL Combination Practice Test 20 questions
- Virginia Combination CDL Test Cheat Sheet 20 questions
- Virginia CDL Air Brakes Practice Test 20 questions
- Virginia Air Brakes CDL Test Cheat Sheet 25 questions
- Virginia CDL HazMat Practice Test 20 questions
- Virginia HazMat CDL Test Cheat Sheet 30 questions
- Virginia CDL Doubles / Triples Practice Test 20 questions
- Virginia Doubles CDL Test Cheat Sheet 20 questions
- Virginia CDL Tanker Practice Test 20 questions
- Virginia Tanker CDL Test Cheat Sheet 20 questions
- Virginia CDL Passenger Practice Test 20 questions
- Virginia Passenger CDL Test Cheat Sheet 20 questions
- Virginia CDL School Bus Practice Test 20 questions
- Virginia School Bus CDL Test Cheat Sheet 20 questions