California DMV Traffic Lights & Signals Test 2020
Traffic signals and nothing else! Steady red, green arrows and flashing yellow! We even have railroad lights!
California Permit Test Facts
- Questions: 46
- Correct answers to pass: 39
- Passing score: 85%
- Test locations: Department of Motor Vehicles (DMV) Offices
- Test languages: English, Spanish, Hindu, Vietnamese
- Based upon: California DMV handbook
- Key questions: Traffic laws, road signs, fines & penalties, right-of-way rules, drug & alcohol awareness
The California traffic lights test is not a standalone exam, but rather part of the overall DMV permit test for learner drivers. You may only receive a handful of questions relating to traffic signals on the CA DMV test, though you must still devote a portion of your study time to learning what these devices mean, to stand a chance of passing the assessment. When you are ready to put what you have learned about traffic lights to the test, use the 2020 DMV practice test for California residents provided here, to check out some real-life traffic signal questions and answers. You can revisit the DMV permit practice test as often as you like in the run-up to the real traffic light test, as it is 100% free and available for unlimited re-tests.
We understand that most students do not have a whole lot of time in their schedules to study, which is why this handy California traffic light test has been designed to take no more than five minutes to complete. Even in this short time, the California DMV practice test can really put your knowledge of traffic lights through its paces! There are 20 genuine traffic questions on this quiz, targeting every main type of traffic signal you can expect to encounter on California roadways. To pass the DMV learners permit practice test, you must provide no less than 16 correct permit test answers. You have the option to simplify challenging questions using the ‘hint’ and ‘50/50’ study aids which are present on each page. With these lifelines, students can take away 50% of the incorrect answers from the multiple-choice list or gain access to a clue about the correct answer. Use these support options as often as you feel is necessary during the quiz but keep in mind that you will not have lifelines to assist you with real traffic test questions on the permit test.
Once you have worked through a round of questions on this traffic light quiz, try hitting the ‘start’ button again to re-take the test. Whenever the California DMV practice permit test is reactivated, a different set of signal test questions will be randomly drawn from our database. As the selection process is random, you will often encounter previously answered questions with repeated use of the California traffic lights practice test. However, there is enough material in our question pool to ensure you are very unlikely ever to receive the exact same 20-question test more than once. We encourage our visitors to continue working on the California DMV license practice test traffic signal quiz until they can easily answer around 90% of the questions correctly, four or five times in a row. At this level of proficiency, you should have no trouble answering any traffic signal question which comes up during the 2020 DMV written test.
While you are studying for the California DMV permit test, it is important to remember that your knowledge of traffic signals must go far beyond basic red, yellow and green lights. You must know what colored arrows mean, what to do when faced with a flashing yellow light at an intersection and what not to do when you see a red flashing light at a railroad crossing. Many of these common traffic light meanings are covered on this practice DMV test for California drivers but you will also need to read the complete ‘traffic signals’ section in the DMV handbook. Without the information in that handbook, you will never be fully prepared for any traffic light question which could come up during the California permit test.
Pick another quiz
- California DMV Practice Test 20 questions
- California DMV Practice Test 2 20 questions
- California DMV Practice Test 3 20 questions
- California DMV Practice Test 4 20 questions
- California DMV Practice Test 5 20 questions
- CA Practice Permit Test - Timed 20 questions
- California DMV Signs Test 20 questions
- California DMV Signs Test 2 20 questions
- CA DMV Road Signs Test Cheat Sheet 46 questions
- California Traffic Lights & Signals Test In Progress
- California DMV Permit Test Cheat Sheet 46 questions
- California DMV Written Test Cheat Sheet 2 46 questions
- CA DMV Permit Test Simulator 46 questions
- California DMV Adult Permit Test 36 questions
- California DMV Permit Renewal Test 18 questions
- California Drug and Alcohol Practice Test 20 questions
- California Drug & Alcohol Written Test Cheat Sheet 20 questions