California DMV Practice Test (CA) 3
Don't miss your chance to work on the new California drivers license practice test! Goes great with the online California permit test study guide!
California Permit Test Facts
- Questions: 46
- Correct answers to pass: 39
- Passing score: 85%
- Test locations: Department of Motor Vehicles (DMV) Offices
- Test languages: English, Spanish, Hindu, Vietnamese
- Based upon: California DMV handbook
- Key questions: Traffic laws, road signs, fines & penalties, right-of-way rules, drug & alcohol awareness
Every new driver must pass the California learners permit test to qualify for a learner license and begin practising their driving skills behind the wheel. Taking the extensive CA permit test is arguably the most challenging part of the driver’s licensing process, so you will need to put in plenty of preparation before taking a chance on the exam. Our 2020 DMV practice test for California residents can measure your knowledge of essential permit test topics such as rules of the road, alcohol awareness, road signs, traffic violations, fines and penalties.
If you are under 18 years old, the exam you will sit at the DMV office consists of 46 multiple-choice and ‘true or false’ questions, of which no less than 39 must be answered correctly. This equates to an unforgiving pass requirement of 85%, which you must achieve first-time to walk away with a learner’s permit in hand. Road sign-related questions will feature prominently on the assessment, so you should bare this in mind throughout your studies. While the exact make-up of the DMV permit test fluctuates from one paper to the next, you can expect around 25% of the exam to focus on road signs. There are a good handful of road sign questions included on this California DMV permit practice test but when you wish to delve into the subject a little more deeply, we suggest using our dedicated DMV signs practice test.
When it comes to getting ready for the permit test, it would be wise to devise a structured study plan and do your best to stick to it in the weeks preceding the assessment. Without a plan in place, it is all too easy to neglect your studies and find yourself trying to learn everything at the last minute. Our California DMV practice permit test should be a regular part of your learning plan from the very beginning, as it is not necessary to wait until you are up to speed with all the exam topics before you attempt to answer some questions. Working the DMV CA practice test into your routine from day one will get you used to dealing with challenging permit test questions, while giving you the chance to apply what you have learned as you go along. It does not matter how many times you re-take the California DMV learners permit practice test or highly you score during your first few attempts, as the quiz is 100% free irrespective of how many times it is used.
However you choose to organize your studies in preparation for the permit test, keep in mind that the California driver handbook must be included in your learning plan. Our practice DMV test for California learners contains helpful study aids that can better your understanding of road rules, traffic laws and other essential topics, but it cannot teach you everything you must know to pass the assessment on its own. To make studying for the permit test easier, the DMV publish all the material you may be questioned on during the exam, in the official DMV manual. Attempting to study for the permit test without reading this guide would make your life unnecessarily difficult and harm your chances of passing. As reading the handbook can be a little uninspiring, you may wish to try alternating between the official study material and our California DMV written test practice quiz. Taking a break following each chapter to answer some questions will keep you engaged and make sure you retain the new information for long enough to pass the real test.
Pick another quiz
- California DMV Practice Test 20 questions
- California DMV Practice Test 2 20 questions
- California DMV Practice Test 3 In Progress
- California DMV Practice Test 4 20 questions
- California DMV Practice Test 5 20 questions
- CA Practice Permit Test - Timed 20 questions
- California DMV Signs Test 20 questions
- California DMV Signs Test 2 20 questions
- CA DMV Road Signs Test Cheat Sheet 46 questions
- California Traffic Lights & Signals Test 20 questions
- California DMV Permit Test Cheat Sheet 46 questions
- California DMV Written Test Cheat Sheet 2 46 questions
- CA DMV Permit Test Simulator 46 questions
- California DMV Adult Permit Test 36 questions
- California DMV Permit Renewal Test 18 questions
- California Drug and Alcohol Practice Test 20 questions
- California Drug & Alcohol Written Test Cheat Sheet 20 questions