New York DMV Traffic Lights & Signals Test (NY) 2020
All about clearing that intersection the right way! This New York traffic signals practice permit test is the stuff!
New York Permit Test Facts
- Questions: 20
- Correct answers to pass: 16
- Passing score: 80%
- Test locations: Division of Motor Vehicles (DMV) Offices
- Test languages: English, Spanish, Hindu, Vietnamese
- Test quirks: No more than two errors on road signs questions are allowed.
Make sure you know your traffic signals ready for the NYS DMV test, with this dedicated traffic lights DMV practice test. The NY traffic lights test forms part of the overall general knowledge permit test, which new drivers must take to obtain a learner’s permit. This 2020 DMV practice test for New York drivers features 20 real traffic light questions and should only take you around five minutes to complete. As traffic signals are likely to feature on the license renewal general knowledge test, you can also use this quiz if your license has expired and you are studying for that assessment.
All the DMV test questions on this practice permit test are formatted like the questions on the real NY traffic signal test. They are either multiple-choice or ‘true or false’ and will be listed alongside a selection of possible permit test answers. As the traffic exam is visual, practically all the questions you will encounter on our DMV New York practice test and the real traffic light test will be accompanied by one or more images. In most cases, you will be shown a picture of a traffic signal and asked to choose from several possible meanings listed below it. Despite what many people assume about traffic signal questions, the correct answer will not always be obvious. If you have trouble answering any question while working through the DMV practice permit test, use one of the study aids beside the question to simplify the problem. Using these aids, students may either remove half the incorrect multiple-choice answers or gain access to a clue, which should direct them to the correct solution. Do not be hesitant to use these features while working on the NY traffic light test quiz, as you are not limited to activating them a certain number of times. It is important to remember that there will be no study aids available to you during the real traffic lights test, so you will not ultimately be able to rely on them at the DMV test office. However, that should not discourage you from leaning on them now while you are still learning, as they will improve your knowledge of the study material.
Answering 16 out of 20 traffic test questions correctly will earn you a pass on this quiz. Even if you hit this score first time, it is important that you continue using the NY DMV license practice test in the run-up to the real exam. This is because the 20 questions contained on the test will be switched out for new questions every time you re-start it! There are dozens of different common traffic lights you could be asked to recognize during the DMV permit test NY exam; using this quiz repeatedly will make sure they have all been covered.
Besides this NY DMV written test practice traffic lights quiz, learner drivers must read the entire traffic signal section of the official permit test study guide. That chapter discusses intersection traffic lights, warning signals, railroad signals and everything else you must learn about signal lights prior to the permit test. If you attempt to take on the NY DMV test without reading the manual, there is a good chance you will struggle with the traffic questions it contains. If you want to make your work with the driving manual more interesting, try alternating between reading the guide and completing rounds of questions with this NY traffic lights quiz.
Pick another quiz
- NY Practice Permit Test 20 questions
- NY Practice Permit Test 2 20 questions
- NY Practice Permit Test 3 20 questions
- NY Practice Permit Test 4 20 questions
- NY Practice Permit Test 5 20 questions
- NY Road Signs Practice Test 20 questions
- NY Road Signs Practice Test 2 20 questions
- New York Road Signs Test Cheat Sheet 20 questions
- New York Traffic Lights & Signals Test In Progress
- New York DMV Permit Test Cheat Sheet 20 questions
- NYS DMV Permit Test Simulator 20 questions
- New York DMV Written Test Cheat Sheet 2 20 questions
- New York Adult Permit Test 20 questions
- New York Drivers License Renewal Test 20 questions
- NY Drug and Alcohol Practice Test 20 questions
- New York Drug & Alcohol Permit Test Cheat Sheet 20 questions