Utah CDL General Knowledge Practice Test (UT) # 3
Better than the official CDL drivers handbook! Try this new class B license Utah practice test with 20 real DMV questions!
Utah CDL Test Facts
- Questions: 50
- Correct answers to pass: 40
- Passing score: 80%
- Test locations: Department of Motor Vehicles (DMV) Offices
- Test languages: English, Spanish
- Based upon: Utah CDL Manual
Have you been going around in circles trying to figure out what you need to do to become a Class B qualified commercial driver? We are not at all surprised! There is a lot of poorly laid-out information regarding the Class B DMV test in Utah, so even the savviest aspiring commercial driver could get confused! Our goal is to make all the DMV permit test information easy to understand and provide commercial driving students with a free Class B license Utah Practice test that will help them get fighting fit for the exams.
Aiming for a Class B commercial driving license is a smart choice and one that many students across the state make. This class is more advanced than Class C, but less complex and challenging than Class A. Obtaining a pass on the Utah DMV test for a Class B license would mean you could start working professionally driving medium-weight vehicles such as box-trucks and school buses. Becoming qualified in this class requires students to pass the Utah DMV written test for 2020, a minimum of one endorsement exam and a practical driving test. This DMV practice permit test for Utah can help you with the first exam in this process: the CDL general knowledge written test.
The Air Brake endorsement is a minimum requirement for Class B drivers. This is because all Class B vehicles use air brakes and you’ll need to understand how they work. To be clear, this is the only mandatory endorsement at Class B, but you could choose to take more. For instance, if you wanted to drive a school bus you would need a School Bus endorsement. Alternatively, driving a box-truck which transports hazardous materials would require a HazMat endorsement. It’s remarkably simple when you break it down this way!
Bear in mind that this Utah DMV CDL practice test focuses exclusively on CDL general knowledge and will not present you with endorsement-specific questions. However, we do have other free CDL practice tests on our website that will! Though you should stick with this 2020 DMV practice test for Utah for the moment, as the general knowledge exam is your first challenge.
You might be shocked to find out that the general knowledge DMV permit test is identical for Class C, Class B and Class A driving students, but in reality, it makes perfect sense! The exam only deals with material that all commercial drivers need to know, such as vehicle control, inspecting your vehicle before a journey, shifting gears and seeing hazards. You’ll need to understand these issues no matter what type of vehicle you’re driving, so the exam is the same for everybody.
As there is no difference in the real permit test DMV exam across the three classes, this CDL Class B practice test for Utah also works as a Class C and Class A quiz! Even if you’re not sure what you want to do with your commercial driving license, you can still get your preparation underway with this handy little test! It features just 20 multiple-choice DMV test questions, making for simple and efficient DMV test practice that you can squeeze in whenever you have five minutes to spare throughout the day.
Don’t forget to read your study guide in between rounds on this DMV permit practice test for Utah. We recommend that you keep using this quiz until you can score well above the 80 percent passing grade each time without too much difficulty. Then you might move on to our DMV cheat sheet!
Pick another quiz
- Utah CDL Practice Test 20 questions
- Utah CDL Practice Test 2: General Knowledge 20 questions
- Utah CDL Practice Test 3: General Knowledge In Progress
- Utah CDL Practice Test 4: General Knowledge 20 questions
- Utah DMV CDL Test Cheat Sheet 50 questions
- UT CDL Drivers License Test Simulator 50 questions
- Utah CDL Combination Practice Test 20 questions
- Utah Combination CDL Test Cheat Sheet 20 questions
- Utah CDL Air Brakes Practice Test 20 questions
- Utah Air Brakes CDL Test Cheat Sheet 25 questions
- Utah CDL HazMat Practice Test 20 questions
- Utah HazMat CDL Test Cheat Sheet 30 questions
- Utah CDL Doubles / Triples Practice Test 20 questions
- Utah Doubles CDL Test Cheat Sheet 20 questions
- Utah CDL Tanker Practice Test 20 questions
- Utah Tanker CDL Test Cheat Sheet 20 questions
- Utah CDL Passenger Practice Test 20 questions
- Utah Passenger CDL Test Cheat Sheet 20 questions
- Utah CDL School Bus Practice Test 20 questions
- Utah School Bus CDL Test Cheat Sheet 20 questions