South Carolina CDL Hazardous Materials Practice Test (SC) 2020
Twenty free HazMat test questions to start with! A 2020 CDL practice test for South Carolina, no nonsense!
South Carolina CDL Test Facts
- Questions: 50
- Correct answers to pass: 40
- Passing score: 80%
- Test locations: Department of Motor Vehicles (DMV) Offices
- Test languages: English, Spanish
- Based upon: SC CDL Manual
Any commercial driver responsible for the transportation of goods or waste products which are classified as explosive, radioactive, corrosive, flammable, toxic or poisonous will require a hazmat endorsement for their license. This is one of many CDL endorsements offered by the Department of Motor Vehicles and it is unlikely to be the only one you need to become a hazardous material driver. When you are ready to take on the South Carolina CDL hazmat test, using the 2020 hazmat practice test provided on this page will give you the upper hand at the DMV test center. Passing the H endorsement exam is not easy; you will be faced with 30 permit test questions covering a wide range of extremely technical topics. Working with our SC hazmat endorsement practice test frequently in addition to reading the permit test study guide will be essential to your success. Students who go it alone and rely solely on the SC hazmat study guide section of the permit book are almost twice as like to fail the DMV written test on the first attempt, as compared to students who use our quiz.
Giving yourself greatly improved chances of passing the hazmat endorsement test on your initial attempt does not have to cost a single cent, as this CDL hazmat practice test for South Carolina drivers and every other resource we provide is free to use. The recommended study material for this permit test is also free and can be downloaded as a PDF directly from the Department of Motor Vehicle’s website or from us, here on ePermitTest.com. You may already have a copy of this book, as it will have been necessary to prepare for the initial general knowledge CDL test for SC drivers, which must be passed prior to applying for a hazardous materials qualification. We recommend downloading a fresh copy of the guide if you passed the CDL general knowledge exam some time ago, to ensure the information you are working with is up-to-date. With regard to the general knowledge test, do not worry if you have not yet passed it as our DMV general knowledge practice test will bring you up-to-speed quickly.
Before turning straight to the hazmat section of the permit book and using this hazmat CDL practice test SC quiz to learn about containment rules, material identification and properties, loading procedures, hazmat warning placards and emergency procedures, consider whether there are any more pressing endorsements you should study for first. Very rarely is the hazmat endorsement applied to Class C licenses – though keep in mind that it is possible. Most of the time, drivers who require a hazmat qualification fall into the Class B or Class A categories, which would make passing the Air Brakes endorsement exam before the hazmat test a set-requirement. We provide a DMV CDL practice test for South Carolina drivers that can help you get through the mandatory air brakes assessment. For Class A drivers working with hazardous materials, passing the Combination Vehicles permit test will also be obligatory. Our Class A license SC practice test combination vehicles quiz contains questions relating to that assessment.
When you first take a shot at completing this SC hazmat practice test for 2020 applicants, do not expect to get a passing grade or even a particularly good score. Return to the quiz regularly as you work through each section of the study material and each new attempt should yield noticeable improvements in your grade. When you are ready for something a little more extensive, try our advanced hazmat test cheat sheet!
Pick another quiz
- South Carolina CDL Practice Test 20 questions
- SC CDL Practice Test 2: General Knowledge 20 questions
- SC CDL Practice Test 3: General Knowledge 20 questions
- SC CDL Practice Test 4: General Knowledge 20 questions
- South Carolina DMV CDL Test Cheat Sheet 50 questions
- SC CDL Drivers License Test Simulator 50 questions
- South Carolina CDL Combination Practice Test 20 questions
- South Carolina Combination CDL Test Cheat Sheet 20 questions
- South Carolina CDL Air Brakes Practice Test 20 questions
- South Carolina Air Brakes CDL Test Cheat Sheet 25 questions
- South Carolina CDL HazMat Practice Test In Progress
- South Carolina HazMat CDL Test Cheat Sheet 30 questions
- South Carolina CDL Doubles / Triples Practice Test 20 questions
- South Carolina Doubles CDL Test Cheat Sheet 20 questions
- South Carolina CDL Tanker Practice Test 20 questions
- South Carolina Tanker CDL Test Cheat Sheet 20 questions
- South Carolina CDL Passenger Practice Test 20 questions
- South Carolina Passenger CDL Test Cheat Sheet 20 questions
- South Carolina CDL School Bus Practice Test 20 questions
- South Carolina School Bus CDL Test Cheat Sheet 20 questions