Minnesota CDL General Knowledge Practice Test (MN) # 2
A new practice permit test for the Minnesota class A drivers license! Real DMV written test questions and answers!
Minnesota CDL Test Facts
- Questions: 50
- Correct answers to pass: 40
- Passing score: 80%
- Test locations: Department of Public Safety (DPS) Offices
- Test languages: English, Spanish
- Based upon: MN CDL Manual
Do you need some assistance getting ready to take the MN Class A test for your commercial driving learners permit? No problem, helping CDL students prepare for the DPS permit test is what we do best! The Class A drivers license practice tests you’ll find on our website are second to none and completely free to use. Before we introduce you to this nifty little quiz, let us tell you a bit more about the Class A commercial license, just in case you’re not absolutely clear on the examination process.
Class A is most advanced driving license type. Passing your Class A permit test in Minnesota will qualify you to drive the heaviest category of commercial vehicles, including flat-bed trucks, double and triple trailers, large buses and livestock transportation vehicles. As the Class A practical driving test is considered more advanced than Class B and Class C, passing it will also qualify you to drive any smaller vehicles from these categories – providing you hold the necessary endorsements for that driving situation. Not sure what the deal is with endorsement tests? These are extra qualifications which specify what type of vehicle you can drive, what sort of cargo you can transport and whether you can operate any specialist equipment. Each one comes with its own MN DMV test and associated DMV practice permit test, which can also be found on this website!
The 2021 DMV written test for Minnesota, otherwise known as the CDL general knowledge test, is actually the same for all three classes of commercial driving license; it is only the endorsement exams which differ across the classes, and the practical driving test of course! Fortunately for commercial driving students, this means that our DMV CDL practice test for Minnesota is suitable for everybody. So, it doesn’t matter if you’re still not sure what type of vehicle you want to drive or whether you want to carry goods or passengers – if commercial driving is your dream you can start preparing for the DMV test MN exam right away and figure out the finer details later!
If it turns out you are truly set on obtaining a Class A driving license, you will need to take a minimum of two separate endorsement exams on top of the 2021 DMV written test. This is because nearly all Class A vehicles qualify as combination vehicles and are equipped with air brakes, so you’d need to be assessed on specific material relating to these two features. Don’t let this put you off, these exams are smaller than the general knowledge DMV permit test for Minnesota, so you should be able to tackle them easily with the help of our other free CDL practice tests. Depending on what you want to do when you’re fully-qualified, you may also need to take other endorsement exams. For instance, if you wanted to drive a liquid-transportation vehicle you would need a Tank endorsement; whereas hazardous material transportation would require a HazMat endorsement.
Why not take this Class A practice test MN quiz for a test drive now? It doesn’t matter if you don’t have loads of time on your hands, as we’ve shortened this 2021 DMV practice test for Minnesota so that students can work through it in less than five minutes. This quiz uses fantastic images, realistic DMV test questions and also comes with extra support tools that can help you better understand the material in the MN DMV handbook.
Remember, it doesn’t matter if you don’t hit the 80 percent pass-mark straight away – you can use this DMV practice test as often as you like!
Pick another quiz
- Minnesota CDL Practice Test 20 questions
- MN CDL Practice Test 2: General Knowledge In Progress
- MN CDL Practice Test 3: General Knowledge 20 questions
- MN CDL Practice Test 4: General Knowledge 20 questions
- Minnesota CDL Permit Test Cheat Sheet 50 questions
- MN CDL Drivers License Test Simulator 50 questions
- Minnesota CDL Combination Practice Test 20 questions
- Minnesota Combination CDL Test Cheat Sheet 20 questions
- Minnesota CDL Air Brakes Practice Test 20 questions
- Minnesota Air Brakes CDL Test Cheat Sheet 25 questions
- Minnesota CDL HazMat Practice Test 20 questions
- Minnesota HazMat CDL Test Cheat Sheet 30 questions
- Minnesota CDL Doubles / Triples Practice Test 20 questions
- Minnesota Doubles CDL Test Cheat Sheet 20 questions
- Minnesota CDL Tanker Practice Test 20 questions
- Minnesota Tanker CDL Test Cheat Sheet 20 questions
- Minnesota CDL Passenger Practice Test 20 questions
- Minnesota Passenger CDL Test Cheat Sheet 20 questions
- Minnesota CDL School Bus Practice Test 20 questions
- Minnesota School Bus CDL Test Cheat Sheet 20 questions