Illinois Rules of The Road Practice Test 2020
Twenty free driving permit test questions to start with! A 2020 practice permit test for Illinois, rules of the road and road signs!
Illinois Permit Test Facts
- Questions: 35
- Correct answers to pass: 28
- Passing score: 80%
- Test locations: Secretary of State (SOS) Offices
- Test languages: English, Spanish, Hindu, Vietnamese
- Based upon: Illinois Rules of The Road Book
Welcome to the Illinois rules of the road practice test for new driving students. This DMV practice permit test has been built using a great selection of questions from the real drivers permit test, to help you start studying for the exam. Not only does the quiz contain real-life Illinois rules of the road test questions, it also features road sign and traffic signal questions. During the DMV permit test, these three core topics will be assessed on a mixed-question exam paper, so your knowledge must be equally strong across the board. There is a lot of information to learn but with the help of our entry-level 2020 practice permit test for Illinois drivers, you can build up your confidence with the study material before diving into a full-length test.
The real DMV test features 35 Illinois driving test questions and answers and asks that 28 correct answers are provided for the participating applicant to be awarded a permit. Our Illinois rules of the road, road signs and traffic signals DMV practice test features just 20 multiple-choice questions, so as not to be overwhelming for newer learners. To earn a passing grade with this quiz, you will need to provide at least 16 correct permit test answers. It is not important how long it takes you to hit that score, as the Illinois DMV practice test is not timed and can be retaken as many times as you like. Take the time to consider all the information presented with each question, before clicking on the answer you most believe to be correct. If you find yourself unable to answer a question with confidence, try using one of our built-in study aids to simplify the problem! With the ‘hint’ tool, users can request a clue about the correct solution and with the ‘50/50’ tool, half the incorrect answers will be removed.
While the DMV do not state precisely how many questions on the permit test paper will focus on rules of the road, road signs and traffic signals, it is likely that most of the exam targets the first of these topics. Before sitting the real assessment, you should make sure you are comfortable finding all the correct Illinois rules of the road answers with our DMV practice permit tests. Though they will likely account for less of the overall exam, traffic signals and road signs are still important. If you wish to challenge your knowledge of either of those topics with a greater variety of permit test questions, take a break from this mixed-question quiz to complete a round on our dedicated road signs DMV written practice test or the traffic lights quiz.
Using an Illinois practice permit test is a great way to accelerate your learning in the run-up to the general knowledge test. However, you cannot learn everything necessary to pass the driving test without the Illinois rules of the road book. Compiled and published by the DMV, that manual can be obtained as a free digital download here on ePermitTest.com or directly from their website. To organize your studies effectively and make sure all essential information has been covered, we suggest alternating between completing our DMV Illinois practice permit test and reading the driver’s manual. Once you have worked through all the information in the road sign and rules of the road book, you may wish to try our full-length rules of the road test simulator.
Pick another quiz
- Illinois Practice Permit Test In Progress
- Illinois Practice Permit Test 2 20 questions
- Illinois Practice Permit Test 3 20 questions
- Illinois Practice Permit Test 4 20 questions
- Illinois Practice Permit Test 5 20 questions
- Illinois Road Signs Driving Test 20 questions
- Illinois Road Signs Driving Test 2 20 questions
- Illinois Road Signs Cheat Sheet 35 questions
- Illinois Traffic Lights & Signals Test 20 questions
- Illinois DMV Driving Test Cheat Sheet 35 questions
- Illinois DMV Written Test Cheat Sheet 2 35 questions
- Illinois Driving Test Simulator 35 questions
- Illinois DMV Adult Permit Test 35 questions
- Illinois Drivers License Renewal Test 20 questions
- Illinois Drug and Alcohol Practice Test 20 questions
- Illinois Drug & Alcohol Written Test Cheat Sheet 20 questions