Virginia DMV Practice Permit Test (VA) 4
Already tackled the first three practice tests? Don't stop now, we have 20 more learners permit practice test VA questions for you!
Virginia Permit Test Facts
- Questions: 35
- Correct answers to pass: 30
- Passing score: 86%
- Test locations: Department of Motor Vehicles (DMV) Offices
- Test languages: English, Spanish, Hindu, Vietnamese
- Test quirks: The permit test in Virginia has 25 questions on road rules and 10 questions on road signs. No mistakes are allowed on the road sign section of the quiz. Should an applicant fail any part of the exam, the entire DMV test must be taken again.
- Based upon: Virginia DMV driver's manual
Preparation for the Virginia DMV written test 2020 exam is not something to be taken lightly. Every first-time driver must pass the general knowledge assessment before taking driving lessons or practicing their driving skills under supervision. If you are keen to get on the road, start studying for the VA DMV test using the quiz on this page. This Virginia DMV practice test for 2020 permit applicants has been built using a selection of real questions from general knowledge exams and the information in the official driving manual. It makes the perfect tool to begin challenging your knowledge of road rules and road signs, while finding out what to expect from the DMV permit test.
Constructed around just 20 multiple-choice and ‘true or false’ VA DMV test questions and answers, this quiz is significantly shorter than the real permit test. The exam you sit at your local exam center in Norfolk, Virginia Beach or Richmond will contain 35 questions, split into two distinct sections. Ten questions will cover road signs, while 25 questions will cover rules of the road. Student drivers taking the exam are only allowed to answer five questions incorrectly on the road rules portion of the test and must answer every road sign question correctly. Our DMV practice permit test for Virginia learners is a little easier, in that it asks for 16 correct permit test answers in total. It is worth noting that this is the same percentage pass requirement as the road rule section of the real general knowledge DMV test.
While studying for the DMV test VA exam, it is important to remember that you must be ready to answer questions on any of the information in the driving manual. The exam paper you are assigned may only contain 35 questions, but these will be chosen at random when the DMV permit test is activated. You could be asked about any road rule, road sign, traffic signal or driving law discussed in the DMV permit test VA manual. To stand a good chance of passing the assessment first time, you must read the entire guide and do your best not to cut corners. This 2020 DMV practice test VA quiz will make studying for the exam considerably less stressful, as it presents a fun and rewarding alternative to reading the study guide. However, learner drivers would do well to keep in mind that none of our Virginia DMV permit practice tests are detailed enough to replace the driver’s manual; you must read it all before attempting to pass the permit test.
As this is a beginner-level DMV VA practice permit test, it includes a couple of helpful study tools that can help you answer questions if you find yourself struggling. The ‘50/50’ option will instantly take away half the incorrect DMV written test answers, giving you a better shot at choosing correctly. As the name suggests, the ‘hint’ option will generate a helpful hint about the correct solution. We have not placed a limit on the number of times these tools can be activated throughout the DMV learners permit practice test Virginia quiz, so you do not have to worry about ‘rationing’ their use. Though keep in mind that they will not be available to you during the real permit test, so you will ultimately need to manage without them. Pay attention to the corrections and feedback offered throughout the quiz and you should quickly feel comfortable answering questions without support.
Pick another quiz
- Virginia DMV Practice Test 20 questions
- Virginia DMV Practice Test 2 20 questions
- Virginia DMV Practice Test 3 20 questions
- Virginia DMV Practice Test 4 In Progress
- Virginia DMV Practice Test 5 20 questions
- Virginia DMV Road Signs Test 20 questions
- Virginia DMV Road Signs Test 2 20 questions
- VA DMV Road Signs Test Cheat Sheet 35 questions
- Virginia Traffic Lights & Signals Test 20 questions
- Virginia DMV Permit Test Cheat Sheet 35 questions
- VA DMV Permit Test Cheat Sheet 2 35 questions
- Virginia DMV Permit Test Simulator 35 questions
- Virginia Adult Permit Test 35 questions
- Virginia DMV Drivers License Renewal Test 20 questions
- Virginia Drug and Alcohol Practice Test 20 questions
- Virginia Drug & Alcohol Written Test Cheat Sheet 20 questions