Virginia DMV Permit Practice Test (VA) 3
Take it up a notch! Work on 20 new DMV practice test VA questions on signs and rules for the 2020 VA permit test!
Virginia Permit Test Facts
- Questions: 35
- Correct answers to pass: 30
- Passing score: 86%
- Test locations: Department of Motor Vehicles (DMV) Offices
- Test languages: English, Spanish, Hindu, Vietnamese
- Test quirks: The permit test in Virginia has 25 questions on road rules and 10 questions on road signs. No mistakes are allowed on the road sign section of the quiz. Should an applicant fail any part of the exam, the entire DMV test must be taken again.
- Based upon: Virginia DMV driver's manual
As a first-time driver, the biggest challenge you face is the 35-question DMV permit test for VA students. The Virginia DMV practice test for 2020 applicants on this page has been designed to make sure you are ready for that assessment, so you can get your hands on a learner’s permit. The DMV test is a general knowledge driving exam which covers road rules, traffic lights, road signs, pavement markings, alcohol awareness and various other essential subjects. Passing the permit test demonstrates that you have learned enough to safely begin practising your driving skills on public roads. Take our DMV VA practice test for a spin today, to find out what will be expected of you during the permit test.
Learner drivers in Virginia have a particularly difficult general knowledge exam to prepare for. Of the 35 VA DMV test questions and answers on your test paper, 25 will be dedicated to rules of the road (which also encompasses other topics such as traffic violations) and 10 will focus on road signs. To successfully qualify for a learner’s permit, you must answer at least 20 of the road-rule questions correctly, and all the road sign questions correctly. As there is no room for error on the road sign portion of the exam, you need to make sure your knowledge of these traffic control devices is up to scratch. This DMV practice test VA quiz has been designed as an introduction to the testing process; it contains just 20 multiple-choice and ‘true or false’ questions, from which 16 must be answered correctly. To give you taste of every subject you will be learning about, this quiz presents a mix of road rule and road sign questions.
You will eventually need to dive into the study of road signs in a little more detail, to make sure you can answer all ten road sign questions on the permit test correctly. To help you with this aspect of your studies, we have created a short road signs DMV permit practice test and a full-length road signs cheat sheet. You will also find a dedicated traffic lights quiz and various other mixed-topic Virginia DMV practice tests elsewhere on ePermitTest.com. Before taking the real 35-question DMV written test, we strongly advise working through every test on our website until you can pass each one with ease.
However you choose to organize your studies for the permit test, you must make sure the driving manual VA booklet is the foundation of your learning plan. Created by the DMV as the official study guide to accompany the general knowledge driving test, the driver’s manual explores every road rule and traffic control device you may be questioned on during the permit test. As learning from an extensive written manual is not an exciting prospect for many driving students, you may wish to alternate between using our Virginia DMV practice permit tests and completing one chapter of the study guide at a time. Doing so will encourage you to apply what you have learned about road signs and road rules, while the information is still fresh in your mind.
To make this VA DMV learners permit practice test suitable for newer students, we have built two study aids into the quiz. These tools will serve as lifelines if you come across a question you cannot answer on your own! Choose the ‘50/50’ option if you would like to remove half the incorrect solutions from any multiple-choice question, or the ‘hint’ option if you would like to see a clue.
Pick another quiz
- Virginia DMV Practice Test 20 questions
- Virginia DMV Practice Test 2 20 questions
- Virginia DMV Practice Test 3 In Progress
- Virginia DMV Practice Test 4 20 questions
- Virginia DMV Practice Test 5 20 questions
- Virginia DMV Road Signs Test 20 questions
- Virginia DMV Road Signs Test 2 20 questions
- VA DMV Road Signs Test Cheat Sheet 35 questions
- Virginia Traffic Lights & Signals Test 20 questions
- Virginia DMV Permit Test Cheat Sheet 35 questions
- VA DMV Permit Test Cheat Sheet 2 35 questions
- Virginia DMV Permit Test Simulator 35 questions
- Virginia Adult Permit Test 35 questions
- Virginia DMV Drivers License Renewal Test 20 questions
- Virginia Drug and Alcohol Practice Test 20 questions
- Virginia Drug & Alcohol Written Test Cheat Sheet 20 questions