Tennessee DMV Permit Practice Test (TN) 3
Stop counting questions on the permit test in TN and nail it! A new TN practice permit test with 20 fresh sample questions is here!
Tennessee Permit Test Facts
- Questions: 30
- Correct answers to pass: 24
- Passing score: 80%
- Test locations: Department of Safety (DOS) Offices
- Test languages: English, Spanish, Hindu, Vietnamese
First time drivers of all ages must study rules of the road, road signs, pavement markings, traffic signals and several other road theory subjects before getting behind the wheel. To demonstrate you have learned enough about these essential subjects to safely begin driving with supervision, you will need to pass the Tennessee DMV test. The 2020 practice permit test for TN learners on this page contains a selection of real questions and answers from that general knowledge assessment. You can access this exam material free of charge, simply by hitting the ‘start’ button.
The Tennessee driving test is a computerized exam which is conducted under controlled conditions at DOS assessment centers around the state. It will contain 30 randomly chosen questions covering a mixture of road rule and road sign topics from the TN drivers manual. Students taking the DMV test must answer no less than 24 questions correctly to receive a learner’s permit. This may not sound like a particularly challenging assessment but keep in mind that you have no way to predict which questions you will be asked during the exam. With our Tennessee permit practice test and other study resources to guide your learning, you can make sure you are ready to answer questions on any of the material in the permit test study guide.
Student drivers can attempt the TN permit test as many times as it takes to hit the 80% pass requirement. However, you will not be allowed to make multiple attempts at the exam in one sitting. If you fail to answer 24 questions correctly, you will be asked to return to the exam office another day to take the Tennessee DMV test again. To avoid disappointment and frustrating delays, you must make sure you are fully up to speed with rules of the road and road signs, before taking a shot at the real assessment. Working with our DMV permit practice test TN questions will help you achieve this by making sure you have had the chance to apply what you have learned from the study material. Unlike the real DMV test Tennessee exam, this quiz can be re-taken an unlimited number of times with no enforced waiting period in between attempts. Keep returning to the practice permit test TN quiz until you are 100% satisfied with your score and are ready to move on to something more challenging.
This Tennessee practice permit test has been made a little shorter than the real DMV permit test, to ensure it is not too time-consuming or overwhelming for newer drivers. It contains 20 practice permit test TN questions, of which 16 must be answered correctly. This is the same 80% passing threshold used on the real DMV permit test for Tennessee drivers. The questions on our test will always remain the same so that participating students can take as many shots as necessary to answer them all correctly. When you are done with this beginner’s DMV TN practice test, check out our full-length DMV cheat sheet for an even greater selection of genuine road sign, traffic signal and rules of the road questions.
Our Tennessee DMV practice permit tests can improve your chances of passing the DMV test and shorten the overall time it takes to get ready for the assessment. However, no quiz contains enough information to teach you everything you need to know about road signs, traffic laws and other essential theory topics. Reading the Tennessee comprehensive driver license manual is the only way to ensure you have covered all bases and are prepared for any question that comes up during the permit test.
Pick another quiz
- Tennessee Permit Practice Test 20 questions
- Tennessee Practice Permit Test 2 20 questions
- Tennessee Practice Permit Test 3 In Progress
- Tennessee Practice Permit Test 4 20 questions
- Tennessee Practice Permit Test 5 20 questions
- Tennessee Road Signs Test 20 questions
- Tennessee Road Signs Test 2 20 questions
- Tennessee Road Signs Test Cheat Sheet 30 questions
- Tennessee Traffic Lights & Signals Test 20 questions
- Tennessee Permit Test Cheat Sheet 30 questions
- TN DMV Written Test Cheat Sheet 2 30 questions
- Tennessee DMV Permit Test Simulator 30 questions
- Tennessee DMV Adult Permit Test 30 questions
- Tennessee Drivers License Renewal Test 20 questions
- TN Drug and Alcohol Practice Test 20 questions
- TN Drug and Alcohol Practice Test 2 20 questions
- Tennessee Drug & Alcohol Permit Test Cheat Sheet 30 questions