Rhode Island CDL Hazardous Materials Practice Test (RI) 2020
We worked hard so you don't have to! Study real-world Rhode Island CDL HazMat test questions and answers and pass the first time!
Rhode Island CDL Test Facts
- Questions: 50
- Correct answers to pass: 40
- Passing score: 80%
- Test locations: Department of Motor Vehicles (DMV) Offices
- Test languages: English, Spanish
- Based upon: Rhode Island CDL Manual
Do you know which commercial driving occupations will warrant a hazmat endorsement? The discussion on this page should help you decide whether passing the Rhode Island hazmat test is necessary for your chosen driving role. If you do need an H endorsement for your commercial driving permit, working with the RI hazmat practice test for 2020 learners we provide will help you achieve your goals faster! Using your vehicle to transport any material that qualifies as hazardous and would therefore be harmful to the environment of human health if it were leaked demands a hazmat qualification. What you may not realize is the many of our country’s most frequently transported cargos qualify as hazardous! For instance, gas is considered hazardous as it is highly flammable, while industrial chemicals are usually labelled hazardous for being corrosive and poisonous. You can learn about these properties and other hazardous material classifications by reading the recommended study material in the CDL permit book and answering questions on our hazmat CDL practice test for Rhode Island drivers.
Before we discuss the rules, regulations and safety considerations of hazardous material transportation any further, it is advisable to check whether this is the endorsement exam you should currently be working toward. Only in very rare cases is an H endorsement the only license add-on a commercial driving applicant requires. There are likely to be more qualifications linked to your preferred driving job and if that is the case, at least one of them must be obtained prior to using this RI DMV CDL practice test or any other hazmat test resources. In all cases, the CDL general knowledge Rhode Island exam comes first. For this exam you need the general knowledge material in the permit book and the CDL general knowledge practice test RI quiz provided here on ePermitTest.com. We also offer a CDL general knowledge cheat sheet which can be used for a more immersive study experience. Now, what about those other license endorsements?
All hazardous material drivers who operate a vehicle rated as Class B or Class A must obtain an Air Brakes endorsement, as this braking system is a standard feature for vehicles above Class C. As this exam will be compulsory if you need it at all, it is best to prepare for and pass it before studying for optional endorsements such as the hazmat qualification. In pursuit of your air brakes endorsement should you require it, we suggest using our Air Brakes DMV practice permit test and the L endorsement material in the handbook. Unless your vehicle qualifies as Class A, you may then begin using this CDL hazmat practice test for Rhode Island learners to whip your knowledge of containment rules, warning placards, material properties and emergency procedures into shape. Class A applicants will need to delay their study of this material a little longer, pursuing the mandatory Class A Combination Vehicles endorsement first.
The hazardous cargos we mentioned in the opening of this article are all transported in liquid-form with a tank-truck and this is true of most other frequently carried hazardous materials. Consequently, you will likely need to apply for a Tanker Vehicle permit to accompany your hazmat qualification when you are finished using this RI hazmat endorsement practice test and have successfully take the exam. It is not essential that you take this course of action, though it will open-up many more career opportunities than holding a Rhode Island hazmat permit alone. Are you all set to take your first shot at our hazmat CDL RI practice test? Great! Your first round should take no longer than five minutes to complete.
Pick another quiz
- Rhode Island CDL Practice Test 20 questions
- RI CDL Practice Test 2: General Knowledge 20 questions
- RI CDL Practice Test 3: General Knowledge 20 questions
- RI CDL Practice Test 4: General Knowledge 20 questions
- Rhode Island DMV CDL Test Cheat Sheet 50 questions
- RI CDL Drivers License Test Simulator 50 questions
- Rhode Island CDL Combination Practice Test 20 questions
- Rhode Island Combination CDL Test Cheat Sheet 20 questions
- Rhode Island CDL Air Brakes Practice Test 20 questions
- Rhode Island Air Brakes CDL Test Cheat Sheet 25 questions
- Rhode Island CDL HazMat Practice Test In Progress
- Rhode Island HazMat CDL Test Cheat Sheet 30 questions
- Rhode Island CDL Doubles / Triples Practice Test 20 questions
- Rhode Island Doubles CDL Test Cheat Sheet 20 questions
- Rhode Island CDL Tanker Practice Test 20 questions
- Rhode Island Tanker CDL Test Cheat Sheet 20 questions
- Rhode Island CDL Passenger Practice Test 20 questions
- Rhode Island Passenger CDL Test Cheat Sheet 20 questions
- Rhode Island CDL School Bus Practice Test 20 questions
- Rhode Island School Bus CDL Test Cheat Sheet 20 questions