Oregon CDL General Knowledge Practice Test (OR) # 2
Leave the DMV no chance! Prepare with the help of this Oregon class A practice test and nail the CDL permit test the first time!
Oregon CDL Test Facts
- Questions: 50
- Correct answers to pass: 40
- Passing score: 80%
- Test locations: Department of Transportation (DMV) Offices
- Test languages: English, Spanish
- Based upon: Oregon CDL Manual
If you’re hoping to pass the Oregon Class A test for a commercial driving learners permit, so you can start taking practical driving lessons, the first thing you’ll need to do is get ready for the general knowledge DMV permit test. Passing the overall Class A permit test in Oregon will allow you to start your career as the driver of large commercial vehicles such as flat-bed trucks and livestock transportation vehicles. There are several key examination stages you’ll need to get through to reach this point. After the CDL general knowledge DMV test in Oregon, you’ll need to take a minimum of two smaller endorsement exams if you want to drive Class A vehicles. Endorsements are essentially extra qualifications to add to your license, which specify what sort of vehicle you can drive, what equipment you can operate and what kinds of cargo you can transport. As all Class A vehicles qualify as combination vehicles and have air brakes, you’ll need to take an endorsement test for each of these features.
You don’t need to be concerned with this now, but once the general knowledge Oregon DMV test is out of the way you can start preparing for these exams. Fortunately, they tend to be shorter than the general knowledge exam, with around 20 multiple-choice questions each. We’ve also got some endorsement-specific free CDL practice tests on the website that you can use to prep for these exams when you’re ready! The main quiz you should be focusing on at the present time is this Class A license Oregon practice test. It specifically targets the general knowledge test with a variety of questions on basic vehicle control, skid control and recover, accident and emergency procedures, road rules, road signs, drug and alcohol considerations, winter driving, hot weather driving and many more key issues. You will find information on all these topics in the current Oregon DMV handbook, which can be downloaded for free from their website. Unfortunately, this Class A CDL practice test won’t be much help on its own, but it works wonderfully in partnership with the DMV handbook. Get yourself a copy if you haven’t already!
This test uses 20 multiple-choice DMV test questions, following in the footsteps of the real exam, but with a less-extensive quiz. This was a deliberate move, as we wanted to create a 2020 DMV practice test for Oregon that could introduce beginner CDL students to the testing process, without overwhelming them with the full 50 questions. The actual questions on our DMV CDL practice test for Oregon could not be told apart from the questions on the real exam, they’re that authentic! Many of these DMV test questions have appeared on actual exam papers in the past, though we have ensured they are still relevant to the current DMV permit test.
While this is a Class A practice test for Oregon, it also works just as well for aspiring Class B and Class C drivers – as the general knowledge exam is the same for everybody! So, if you think you might want to apply for a Class B license instead, you do not need to try and find a dedicated Class B CDL practice test. This brilliant quiz can help put you in the driving seat, no matter what your preferred driving career is! Unlimited re-tests on this exam mean you can take as long as you want to reach the 80 percent passing grade, which works out to 16 correct questions out of 20. Then, you might want to try one of our more challenging quizzes like the permit test DMV Simulator!
Pick another quiz
- Oregon CDL Practice Test 20 questions
- Oregon CDL Practice Test 2: General Knowledge In Progress
- Oregon CDL Practice Test 3: General Knowledge 20 questions
- Oregon CDL Practice Test 4: General Knowledge 20 questions
- Oregon DMV CDL Test Cheat Sheet 50 questions
- Oregon CDL Drivers License Test Simulator 50 questions
- Oregon CDL Combination Practice Test 20 questions
- Oregon Combination CDL Test Cheat Sheet 20 questions
- Oregon CDL Air Brakes Practice Test 20 questions
- Oregon Air Brakes CDL Test Cheat Sheet 25 questions
- Oregon CDL HazMat Practice Test 20 questions
- Oregon HazMat CDL Test Cheat Sheet 30 questions
- Oregon CDL Doubles / Triples Practice Test 20 questions
- Oregon Doubles CDL Test Cheat Sheet 20 questions
- Oregon CDL Tanker Practice Test 20 questions
- Oregon Tanker CDL Test Cheat Sheet 20 questions
- Oregon CDL Passenger Practice Test 20 questions
- Oregon Passenger CDL Test Cheat Sheet 20 questions
- Oregon CDL School Bus Practice Test 20 questions
- Oregon School Bus CDL Test Cheat Sheet 20 questions