New Mexico CDL General Knowledge Practice Test (NM) # 3
Not sure if combination vehicles is your thing? Try this 2021 New Mexico class B practice test for the DMV knowledge test!
New Mexico CDL Test Facts
- Questions: 50
- Correct answers to pass: 40
- Passing score: 80%
- Test locations: Motor Vehicle Division (MVD) Offices
- Test languages: English, Spanish
- Based upon: New Mexico CDL Manual
Taking your CDL DMV test in New Mexico? We’ve got just the thing to help you score a Class B commercial driving license! The CDL Class B practice test NM quiz you’ve just found on this page it the ultimate study companion for the aspiring commercial driver. Team this quiz with the MVD handbook and you’ve got a winning combination that will see you passing the Class B license test in New Mexico in no time at all! Not sure if Class B is the license-type you need? Being a Class B license holder will qualify you to drive most medium-weight commercial vehicles such as light-weight school buses and standard box-trucks. Learning to drive in these vehicles is more challenging that learning in a smaller Class C vehicle, so getting a Class B commercial driving license automatically qualifies you to drive Class C vehicles too! If you weren’t already sold on getting a Class B commercial driving permit, we bet that last point has done the trick! Keep reading and then get your exam preparation underway with this Class B practice test NM quiz.
Now, we said being a Class B license holder would allow you drive Class C vehicles and while this is strictly true, there is a little more to it. Certain types of vehicle and driving activity require extra endorsement qualifications on top of the main driving license, before the license holder can legally perform that role. For example, if you were to drive a vehicle which carries people, you would need a Passenger endorsement. Or for driving a school bus you would need a separate School Bus endorsement. So, when you’re fully-qualified you can only switch vehicles if you also have the necessary endorsements for that job. Fortunately, each endorsement New Mexico MVD test only contains around 20 questions – they are quite easy to apply for and obtain. But remember, you’ll need to pay for every 2021 MVD written test you take. So, it is best to stick to the ones you know you need. You can always add more to your license later! All Class B drivers must take the Air Brake endorsement test at a minimum, but every other endorsement is optional.
We have other free CDL practice tests for the endorsement exams, so you will not find any endorsement-specific MVD test questions on this MVD practice permit test for New Mexico. All the questions on this quiz target the CDL general knowledge material you will have read in the NM MVD handbook. If you haven’t picked up a copy of that guide yet, you can download one from the MVD website. Make sure you prioritize this, as our New Mexico MVD practice test for 2021 will not be much use without it! The topics on our quiz include basic control of the vehicle, space management, shifting gears, seeing hazards, vehicle inspection, emergency procedures, fires, basic hazardous material considerations and road rules. You’ll need the in-depth exploration of these subjects that the MVD booklet offers to answer the questions on this test. The subjects on our quiz are relevant to all commercial driving students because the actual MVD permit test is the same for everybody. It doesn’t matter if you hope to become a Class C, Class B or Class A commercial driver – our NM CDL practice test will be suitable for you!
This is an introductory, 20-question New Mexico CDL general knowledge practice test. It’s perfect for new learners and should only take around five minutes. When you’ve got a little more time, why not try our DMV cheat sheet?
Pick another quiz
- New Mexico CDL Practice Test 20 questions
- NM CDL Practice Test 2: General Knowledge 20 questions
- NM CDL Practice Test 3: General Knowledge In Progress
- NM CDL Practice Test 4: General Knowledge 20 questions
- NM CDL Permit Test Cheat Sheet 50 questions
- NM CDL Drivers License Test Simulator 50 questions
- New Mexico CDL Combination Practice Test 20 questions
- New Mexico Combination CDL Test Cheat Sheet 20 questions
- New Mexico CDL Air Brakes Practice Test 20 questions
- New Mexico Air Brakes CDL Test Cheat Sheet 25 questions
- New Mexico CDL HazMat Practice Test 20 questions
- New Mexico HazMat CDL Test Cheat Sheet 30 questions
- New Mexico CDL Doubles / Triples Practice Test 20 questions
- New Mexico Doubles CDL Test Cheat Sheet 20 questions
- New Mexico CDL Tanker Practice Test 20 questions
- New Mexico Tanker CDL Test Cheat Sheet 20 questions
- New Mexico CDL Passenger Practice Test 20 questions
- New Mexico Passenger CDL Test Cheat Sheet 20 questions
- New Mexico CDL School Bus Practice Test 20 questions
- New Mexico School Bus CDL Test Cheat Sheet 20 questions