New Mexico General Knowledge CDL Practice Test (NM) 2021
The best way to start your commercial driver career! A quick and easy New Mexico CDL practice test with 20 DMV questions!
New Mexico CDL Test Facts
- Questions: 50
- Correct answers to pass: 40
- Passing score: 80%
- Test locations: Motor Vehicle Division (MVD) Offices
- Test languages: English, Spanish
- Based upon: New Mexico CDL Manual
If you’re studying to become a commercial driver but aren’t sure which DMV CDL practice test for New Mexico you can use to prepare for the CDL general knowledge test, you’ll find just what you need on this website! You’re probably aware that you have the option to obtain a Class C, Class B or Class A commercial driving license – this choice can sometimes lead to confusion about the general knowledge CDL test NM exam and the other written assessments for commercial learner drivers. The classes refer to the size and weight of the vehicle you’ll be learning to drive in, with Class C being the lightest and Class A being the heaviest. From one end of the scale to the other, the classes encompass all commercial vehicles from taxi-cabs to flat-bed trucks.
The other written assessments we referred to above are for endorsement qualifications; you might need to get one or more of these under your belt, depending on which class your chosen vehicle falls into and whether you’ll need any other specialist knowledge for your preferred driving occupation. This isn’t as confusing as it sounds – we promise! Plus, you do not need to be concerned with the endorsements exams now, as the CDL general knowledge New Mexico test comes first for all drivers. Our NM CDL practice test for 2021 is your golden ticket to passing that exam! But how do we know our learners permit practice test is suitable for your career path? We’ll let you in on a little secret! The MVD general knowledge test for New Mexico adheres to a standard format for all commercial driving students, whether they want to drive a Class C, Class B and Class A vehicle. There is no difference in the test from one corner of the state to the other. Therefore, our CDL general knowledge practice test NM quiz is also appropriate for all commercial driving students to use in preparation for the exam.
If you’re confused about how the New Mexico CDL general knowledge test and our equivalent drivers permit practice test can use the same questions for every student, consider this: the CDL general knowledge exam measures your understanding of material that is relevant to every vehicle and driving role. Knowledge of basic control of your vehicle, shifting gears, communicating, space management, seeing hazards and general road rules is vital for everybody, these issues do not change from vehicle to vehicle. So, the general knowledge exam follows a standard format which has almost universal relevance. There is a fair bit of information you’ll have to learn before you’re ready to tackle this large, 50-question assessment, but our MVD general knowledge practice test for New Mexico can make it a walk in the park!
You will study vehicle and occupation-specific material in the run-up to any endorsement exams which you choose to take after the CDL general knowledge test. There are no endorsement questions on this NM CDL general knowledge practice test, but there are other free CDL practice tests on the website which can help you with these exams later. Bear in mind that applying for Class B or Class A will mean there are certain mandatory endorsements which you’ll need to take by law. Try not to be overly concerned with those exams now; your starting focus should be this MVD permit practice test for New Mexico.
You’ll find this easy-to-manage quiz contains just 20 questions, brilliant images and some exciting added extras to help you along. Reckon you know enough to pass it?
Pick another quiz
- New Mexico CDL Practice Test In Progress
- NM CDL Practice Test 2: General Knowledge 20 questions
- NM CDL Practice Test 3: General Knowledge 20 questions
- NM CDL Practice Test 4: General Knowledge 20 questions
- NM CDL Permit Test Cheat Sheet 50 questions
- NM CDL Drivers License Test Simulator 50 questions
- New Mexico CDL Combination Practice Test 20 questions
- New Mexico Combination CDL Test Cheat Sheet 20 questions
- New Mexico CDL Air Brakes Practice Test 20 questions
- New Mexico Air Brakes CDL Test Cheat Sheet 25 questions
- New Mexico CDL HazMat Practice Test 20 questions
- New Mexico HazMat CDL Test Cheat Sheet 30 questions
- New Mexico CDL Doubles / Triples Practice Test 20 questions
- New Mexico Doubles CDL Test Cheat Sheet 20 questions
- New Mexico CDL Tanker Practice Test 20 questions
- New Mexico Tanker CDL Test Cheat Sheet 20 questions
- New Mexico CDL Passenger Practice Test 20 questions
- New Mexico Passenger CDL Test Cheat Sheet 20 questions
- New Mexico CDL School Bus Practice Test 20 questions
- New Mexico School Bus CDL Test Cheat Sheet 20 questions