New Hampshire CDL General Knowledge Practice Test (NH) # 2
Try your wits against the New Hampshire DMV practice test! Questions & answers for the class A drivers license test!
New Hampshire CDL Test Facts
- Questions: 50
- Correct answers to pass: 40
- Passing score: 80%
- Test locations: Division of Motor Vehicles (DMV) Offices
- Test languages: English, Spanish
- Based upon: New Hampshire CDL Manual
Passing the NH Class A test for a commercial driving license is no easy task, but we’re here to help! This is the most advanced commercial driving license category, which includes many of the heaviest and most difficult-to-manage vehicle on our roads. To pass the overall Class A test in New Hampshire, you will have to learn to control huge vehicles such as flat-bed trucks and liquid transportation tank vehicles, plus learn about special equipment and factors which are relevant to these vehicles. However, the reward of passing the NH DMV Class A test far out weighs the cost! You’ll become the proud driver of an enormously powerful commercial vehicle, plus you’ll be qualified to drive any smaller vehicles from Class C and Class B without needing to take another practical DMV test for New Hampshire. This is because these vehicles are considered easier to manage than their weightier cousins.
Of course, there are certain situations in which you would not be able to switch vehicles or drive a lower-class vehicle without first sitting another NH DMV written test for 2021. If that vehicle or driving situation required the driver to hold a specific endorsement qualification, you would need to sit the appropriate endorsement test before you could legally drive. Unfortunately, most commercial driving situations require some kind of an endorsement – oftentimes more than one!
At Class A, the DMV NH test for the Air Brake and Combination Vehicle endorsements are mandatory, because these features apply to all Class A vehicles. However, if you aspire to be a tank-truck driver, you would also need a Tank endorsement; large school buses qualify as Class A vehicles but to drive one you would need a School Bus endorsement. It might sound confusing to begin with but choosing which endorsement tests you need is actually pretty straight forward. Plus, you do not need to do it now. Your first port of call will be the CDL general knowledge DMV permit test, and that’s where this Class A license New Hampshire practice test comes in!
To pass the general knowledge DMV NH permit test, you’ll need to be well-acquainted with all the CDL material in the DMV handbook, including basic vehicle control, space management, skid control and recovery, dealing with road rage, drug and alcohol considerations, vehicle inspection and driving in different terrain. Not to mention being fully up-to-speed on road signs and road rules in different areas! DMV test questions relating to all these topics and many others feature on our Class A practice test for New Hampshire. It doesn’t matter if you’re not confident in your commercial driving general knowledge abilities just yet, you can still start using this quiz if you study the NH DMV handbook too.
The topics you will be studying for the 2021 DMV written test are equally relevant to all commercial vehicles and driving occupations, because this initial DMV exam is the same for all three classes of commercial driver. Sure, this is a Class A general knowledge practice test for New Hampshire students, but it also works just as well if you’re studying for Class B or Class C.
We offer unlimited re-tests on this quiz and all our other free CDL practice tests. This means you can keep working on this quiz every so often until you’re ready to move on to something more challenging. This NH CDL practice test takes less than five minutes to work through and requires a minimum score of 80 percent for users to be awarded a pass. Good luck!
Pick another quiz
- New Hampshire CDL Practice Test 20 questions
- NH CDL Practice Test 2: General Knowledge In Progress
- NH CDL Practice Test 3: General Knowledge 20 questions
- NH CDL Practice Test 4: General Knowledge 20 questions
- New Hampshire DMV CDL Test Cheat Sheet 50 questions
- NH CDL Drivers License Test Simulator 50 questions
- New Hampshire CDL Combination Practice Test 20 questions
- New Hampshire Combination CDL Test Cheat Sheet 20 questions
- New Hampshire CDL Air Brakes Practice Test 20 questions
- New Hampshire Air Brakes CDL Test Cheat Sheet 25 questions
- New Hampshire CDL HazMat Practice Test 20 questions
- New Hampshire HazMat CDL Test Cheat Sheet 30 questions
- New Hampshire CDL Doubles / Triples Practice Test 20 questions
- New Hampshire Doubles CDL Test Cheat Sheet 20 questions
- New Hampshire CDL Tanker Practice Test 20 questions
- New Hampshire Tanker CDL Test Cheat Sheet 20 questions
- New Hampshire CDL Passenger Practice Test 20 questions
- New Hampshire Passenger CDL Test Cheat Sheet 20 questions
- New Hampshire CDL School Bus Practice Test 20 questions
- New Hampshire School Bus CDL Test Cheat Sheet 20 questions