New York CDL General Knowledge Practice Test (NY) # 2
A new CDL class A license New York practice test with 20 fresh questions! Getting a license for combination vehicles has never been easier!
New York CDL Test Facts
- Questions: 50
- Correct answers to pass: 40
- Passing score: 80%
- Test locations: Department of Motor Vehicles (DMV) Offices
- Test languages: English, Spanish
- Based upon: New York CDL Manual
For those who don't know what a "Class A" New York commercial drivers license is - it's "The King" of all commercial drivers licenses out there, especially if you have additional endorsements that allow you to carry hazmat materials, double/triple trailers and tank vehicles! Possession of a class A CDL allows you to operate some of the heavier vehicles out there, you can work on any combination of vehicles with a GCWR of 26,001 or more pounds provided the GVWR of the vehicle(s) being towed is in excess of 10,000 pounds. The bad news is that you have to pass a series of tests to be awarded a commercial drivers license of this class, including the combination vehicles test and the air brakes test. The good news is that this New York CDL practice test can help you tackle the largest and the hardest of these DMV written tests, the New York general knowledge CDL test!
This comes as a surprise to many NY CDL drivers license applicants, but the general knowledge test for the Class A and Class B licenses is identical. It contains 50 multiple choice questions that cover a broad range of subjects, such as your vehicle's equipment, preventing and dealing with emergencies on the road, accident procedures, pretrip inspection and many other things, it even has some questions on hazardous materials - even though you are not applying for a HazMat endorsement at this stage, there are some things about HazMat materials every driver needs to know. The difference between obtaining a Class A New York CDL and a Class B NY CDL lies in the additional tests driver's license applicants have to take. Those applying for a Class A CDL must take a general knowledge test, a combination vehicles test and the air brakes test, while a Class B license requires you to take the general knowledge test only (air brakes are optional as not many vehicles in this class are equipped with air brakes). The general knowledge test is exactly the same for both of these license classes and this is good because you can utilize the same New York CDL practice test no matter what license class you are applying for!
Wondering why this New York Class A practice test has only 20 questions, while the real CDL permit test has 50 questions? The answer is simple - we want you to be able to take this practice permit test quickly, so you are not stuck in front of the computer for hours and don't run out of juice in the process! Completing a concise NY DMV practice test with 20 questions takes less than five minutes and if you have more time, we have more quizzes for you! For those who prefer to study in an environment that is as close to the real NY CDL permit test as possible are more than welcome to work on the CDL permit test cheat sheet and the New York CDL test Simulator, two exams that feature 50 new questions every time you begin the test!
Pick another quiz
- New York CDL Practice Test 20 questions
- NY CDL Practice Test 2: General Knowledge In Progress
- NY CDL Practice Test 3: General Knowledge 20 questions
- NY CDL Practice Test 4: General Knowledge 20 questions
- New York DMV CDL Test Cheat Sheet 50 questions
- NY CDL Drivers License Test Simulator 50 questions
- New York CDL Combination Practice Test 20 questions
- New York Combination CDL Test Cheat Sheet 20 questions
- New York CDL Air Brakes Practice Test 20 questions
- New York Air Brakes CDL Test Cheat Sheet 25 questions
- New York CDL HazMat Practice Test 20 questions
- New York HazMat CDL Test Cheat Sheet 30 questions
- New York CDL Doubles / Triples Practice Test 20 questions
- New York Doubles CDL Test Cheat Sheet 20 questions
- New York CDL Tanker Practice Test 20 questions
- New York Tanker CDL Test Cheat Sheet 20 questions
- New York CDL Passenger Practice Test 20 questions
- New York Passenger CDL Test Cheat Sheet 20 questions
- New York CDL School Bus Practice Test 20 questions
- New York School Bus CDL Test Cheat Sheet 20 questions