South Dakota CDL Hazardous Materials Practice Test (SD) 2020
Tired of reading the South Dakota DMV handbook? We know the feeling! Have some fun with a new South Dakota DMV HazMat test, 20 questions on signs and rules!
South Dakota CDL Test Facts
- Questions: 50
- Correct answers to pass: 40
- Passing score: 80%
- Test locations: Department of Revenue, Division of Motor Vehicles (DMV) Offices
- Test languages: English, Spanish
- Based upon: South Dakota CDL Manual
Congratulations, if you have passed the CDL general knowledge test 2020 exam you are ready to apply for license endorsements. Which endorsements you need depends on two factors: the class of commercial vehicle you hope to work with and the type of cargo that vehicle will transport. If your cargo is deemed hazardous to human health or the environment based on the guidelines laid out in the South Dakota hazmat study guide, you will need a hazmat endorsement for your commercial driver’s permit. The SD hazmat endorsement practice test we provide here targets the H endorsement exam, with a selection of genuine questions and answers taken from real-life DMV test papers. Should you require a hazmat endorsement, we recommend using this South Dakota DMV CDL practice test to back-up your work with the official DMV study material. Make our DMV SD practice test a part of your daily study routine and you will soon be ready to sit the real assessment and pass it, first-time.
How do you know if the cargo you will carry warrants a hazardous material endorsement? Any substance which qualifies as explosive, radioactive, corrosive, poisonous, toxic or flammable can only be transported by commercial drivers who have passed the South Dakota CDL hazmat test. If you are at all uncertain whether this applies to your driving goals, we recommend checking the information in the hazmat endorsement section of the permit test studying guide and speaking to your current or potential employer. That way you can get to work with our CDL hazmat practice test SD quiz, without worrying about wasting your time with material you will not actually need.
If you require any addition license endorsements to accompany your hazmat qualification, it will be necessary to acquire them prior to using this South Dakota CDL practice test. If your drivers permit will be Class C – which although unlikely, is possible – it will not be necessary to take any further endorsement exams beyond the hazmat test. Class B and Class A drivers will need to take one or two compulsory endorsement tests before putting in their hazmat application. The Air Brakes endorsement is a set-requirement for both Class B and Class A drivers, while the Combination Vehicles endorsement is mandatory at Class A. You can study for these exams using our Combination Vehicles Class A practice test SD quiz and our Air Brakes permit practice test for 2020 students.
When you have passed the mandatory endorsement exams and the DMV general knowledge test, you may turn to the H endorsement section of the permit book and start familiarizing yourself with the questions and answers on this hazmat CDL practice test for South Dakota drivers. The questions included here correspond perfectly with the hazmat sub-topics in the study guide, which include hazardous material properties, warning placards, material-specific containment rules, security threat detection, emergency procedures and cargo loading rules. Having a sound understanding of these issues before taking your first shot at our Hazmat endorsement quiz is not vital, as you can take as many attempts as you like to achieve a satisfactory score.
Keep in mind that the hazmat endorsement may not be the only cargo-specific qualification linked to the driving role you wish to fulfil. If the material you carry is in liquid form and requires a tank-truck to transport it, you will also need to obtain a Tanker Vehicles permit. Check out our tanker vehicles quiz to find out what that assessment will be like, when you are done using the SD hazmat practice test for 2020 applicants on this page.
Pick another quiz
- South Dakota CDL Practice Test 20 questions
- SD CDL Practice Test 2: General Knowledge 20 questions
- SD CDL Practice Test 3: General Knowledge 20 questions
- SD CDL Practice Test 4: General Knowledge 20 questions
- South Dakota DMV CDL Test Cheat Sheet 50 questions
- SD CDL Drivers License Test Simulator 50 questions
- South Dakota CDL Combination Practice Test 20 questions
- South Dakota Combination CDL Test Cheat Sheet 20 questions
- South Dakota CDL Air Brakes Practice Test 20 questions
- South Dakota Air Brakes CDL Test Cheat Sheet 25 questions
- South Dakota CDL HazMat Practice Test In Progress
- South Dakota HazMat CDL Test Cheat Sheet 30 questions
- SD CDL Doubles / Triples Practice Test 20 questions
- South Dakota Doubles CDL Test Cheat Sheet 20 questions
- South Dakota CDL Tanker Practice Test 20 questions
- South Dakota Tanker CDL Test Cheat Sheet 20 questions
- South Dakota CDL Passenger Practice Test 20 questions
- South Dakota Passenger CDL Test Cheat Sheet 20 questions
- South Dakota CDL School Bus Practice Test 20 questions
- South Dakota School Bus CDL Test Cheat Sheet 20 questions