South Dakota CDL Air Brakes Practice Test (SD) 2022
Tired of reading the drivers book? Take a break, take a free South Dakota air brakes test, take a ride to the DMV, pick up your CDL!
South Dakota CDL Test Facts
- Questions: 50
- Correct answers to pass: 40
- Passing score: 80%
- Test locations: Department of Revenue, Division of Motor Vehicles (DMV) Offices
- Test languages: English, Spanish
- Based upon: South Dakota CDL Manual
All medium-weight and heavy-weight commercial vehicles from Class B and Class A must use an air brake system to be deemed road worthy. Air brake equipped vehicles can only be operated by a driver who has passed the South Dakota CDL air brake test, which covers air brake operation, basic repair skills, maintenance and some other essential information. As an enormous portion of our country’s commercial vehicles are equipped with air brakes, the chances of you needing an Air Brakes L endorsement before learning to drive are quite high! If you are an aspiring Class A or Class B permit holder, we recommend commencing your preparation for the Air Brakes assessment using the SD CDL practice test air brakes quiz on this page, as soon as you have passed the CDL general knowledge test.
Take a step back from the air brakes quiz if you have yet to pass the general knowledge exam, even if you are certain you will ultimately require an air brakes endorsement. Drivers may not apply for any license endorsements until they have achieved a pass of 40 correct permit test answers or more on the CDL general knowledge South Dakota permit test, which serves as a gateway assessment for all applicants. Not using this SD air practice test right away does not mean you have to miss out on all the fun however, as you can check out some legitimate CDL general knowledge questions with our DMV general knowledge practice test instead. The general knowledge quiz we provide is so effective that you will sail through the assessment and be ready to study for the L endorsement with this air brake practice test in next to no time.
While the DMV CDL air brakes test is relatively brief there is still a lot to learn about air brake application, to be prepared for any question which may arise at the DMV test center. The Air Brakes endorsement chapter of the DMV handbook discusses everything you must know about air brake operation and stopping distances, system components and repair skills, vehicle inspection and maintenance, air tank pressurization, air tank draining protocol and various other issues. You will find authentic multiple-choice South Dakota air test practice questions relating to these subjects, on our DMV permit practice test. There is no need to panic if you cannot answer any of these questions correctly when you initially use the CDL practice test SD air brakes quiz, as you can return to reattempt questions and build-up your score as often as you like, free of charge.
Unless you are intent on driving a Class B vehicle which does not carry liquids, passengers or hazardous materials – such as a regular box-truck – it is likely you will require further endorsements when you are done using this South Dakota CDL air brakes practice test to obtain your Air Brakes endorsement. Vehicles such as flat-beds, livestock trucks and combination tank-trucks which fall into the Class A category would demand a Combination Vehicles endorsement, as this qualification is compulsory for Class A drivers. Passengers, hazardous materials, liquids and school buses all require further qualifications, for which we provide targeted free CDL practice tests here on ePermitTest.com. Whatever your dream driving job, our high-quality learning resource can help you achieve it!
Now, are you ready to take your first shot at our Air Brakes DMV practice test South Dakota quiz? Setting aside a ton of time to work on the test is not necessary, as it should take no longer than five minutes to work through every question!
Pick another quiz
- South Dakota CDL Practice Test 20 questions
- SD CDL Practice Test 2: General Knowledge 20 questions
- SD CDL Practice Test 3: General Knowledge 20 questions
- SD CDL Practice Test 4: General Knowledge 20 questions
- South Dakota DMV CDL Test Cheat Sheet 50 questions
- SD CDL Drivers License Test Simulator 50 questions
- South Dakota CDL Combination Practice Test 20 questions
- South Dakota Combination CDL Test Cheat Sheet 20 questions
- South Dakota CDL Air Brakes Practice Test In Progress
- South Dakota Air Brakes CDL Test Cheat Sheet 25 questions
- South Dakota CDL HazMat Practice Test 20 questions
- South Dakota HazMat CDL Test Cheat Sheet 30 questions
- South Dakota Doubles CDL Test Cheat Sheet 20 questions
- SD CDL Doubles / Triples Practice Test 20 questions
- South Dakota CDL Tanker Practice Test 20 questions
- South Dakota Tanker CDL Test Cheat Sheet 20 questions
- South Dakota CDL Passenger Practice Test 20 questions
- South Dakota Passenger CDL Test Cheat Sheet 20 questions
- South Dakota CDL School Bus Practice Test 20 questions
- South Dakota School Bus CDL Test Cheat Sheet 20 questions