Maryland CDL General Knowledge Practice Test (MD) # 3
Tired of reading the CDL driver's manual? Work on this Maryland class B practice test instead! Good for the 2020 MVA permit test!
Maryland CDL Test Facts
- Questions: 50
- Correct answers to pass: 40
- Passing score: 80%
- Test locations: Motor Vehicle Administration (MVA) Offices
- Test languages: English, Spanish
- Based upon: Maryland CDL Manual
So, you’ve decided to apply for a commercial drivers license – good for you! If you’re not sure which vehicle class of DMV test for Maryland you want to aim for, you don’t have to decide right now. This 2020 MVA practice test MD quiz is suitable for all commercial learner drivers, from Baltimore, Annapolis, Ocean City and every other region of the state! However, if you think you might want to drive a medium-sized commercial vehicle such as a box truck or a small school bus, a Class B license is probably what you need! You can use this CDL Class B practice test for Maryland to get you ready for the general knowledge exam. Once you have become a fully-qualified Class B commercial driver, you’ll be eligible to drive any vehicle that falls into the Class B, or less advanced Class C category, providing you hold the necessary endorsement qualifications for that driving situation.
You will need to obtain extra endorsement qualifications by taking the appropriate MD MVA test for that endorsement. Drivers choose which of these exams they want to take, based on what they eventually want to do with their commercial license. Depending on which class of vehicle you want to drive, one or more of these endorsement exams might be compulsory. You should know now that this MVA practice permit test does not contain questions on any of the specific endorsement knowledge, but we do have suitable free CDL practice tests for those exams on this website, which you can use once you have decided what you’re doing. If you are in fact aiming to become a Class B driver, you would need to take the mandatory Air Brake endorsement test as well as the general knowledge MVA permit test, because most Class B vehicles have air brakes. You can still take as many extra endorsements as you want to, but we advise choosing carefully to avoid extra expense and sitting unnecessary tests! To give you an example of how it works: if you wanted to drive a small school bus, you would need to take the general knowledge DMV MD permit test, followed by an Air Brake endorsement and School Bus endorsement test.
As the general knowledge test comes first, you should start getting ready for that with this Maryland CDL practice test, regardless of what other quizzes you think you may need at this stage. The Maryland MVA permit test is quite large, containing 50 multiple-choice questions which address all the key areas of CDL general knowledge, so once you know you’re going to take the exam you should avoid delaying preparation. Luckily, getting ready for the exam does not have to take months and months, if you use your time wisely! You’ll need a copy of the Maryland MVA handbook and we advise you to read the entire manual before using this MVA practice test. You don’t have to memorize everything in the drivers handbook, but you do at least need to be familiar with it in order to get any benefit from this quiz.
You can use this MVA permit practice test as many times as you like to keep improving on your score – as it’s completely free! The real permit test MVA exam requires 80 percent of the DMV test questions to be answered correctly for students to gain a passing grade, and this quiz is no different. With just 20 multiple-choice questions, this 2020 CDL practice test for Maryland can easily be finished in under five minutes, even for beginner students! Why not give the quiz a try now and see how fast you can get through it on your first attempt?
Pick another quiz
- Maryland CDL Practice Test 20 questions
- MD CDL Practice Test 2: General Knowledge 20 questions
- MD CDL Practice Test 3: General Knowledge In Progress
- MD CDL Practice Test 4: General Knowledge 20 questions
- Maryland MVA CDL Test Cheat Sheet 50 questions
- MD CDL Drivers License Test Simulator 50 questions
- Maryland CDL Combination Practice Test 20 questions
- Maryland Combination CDL Test Cheat Sheet 20 questions
- Maryland CDL Air Brakes Practice Test 20 questions
- Maryland Air Brakes CDL Test Cheat Sheet 25 questions
- Maryland CDL HazMat Practice Test 20 questions
- Maryland HazMat CDL Test Cheat Sheet 30 questions
- Maryland CDL Doubles / Triples Practice Test 20 questions
- Maryland Doubles CDL Test Cheat Sheet 20 questions
- Maryland CDL Tanker Practice Test 0 questions
- Maryland Tanker CDL Test Cheat Sheet 20 questions
- Maryland CDL Passenger Practice Test 20 questions
- Maryland Passenger CDL Test Cheat Sheet 20 questions
- Maryland CDL School Bus Practice Test 20 questions
- Maryland School Bus CDL Test Cheat Sheet 20 questions