Kentucky CDL Tanker Practice Test (KY) 2020
A new Kentucky DMV CDL practice test for the 2020 tanker test to take you one step closer to nailing the exam this year!
Kentucky CDL Test Facts
- Questions: 50
- Correct answers to pass: 40
- Passing score: 80%
- Test locations: Transportation Cabinet (DMV) Offices
- Test languages: English, Spanish
- Based upon: Kentucky CDL Manual
intend to work as a tank-truck driver. To support your work with the official DMV study material in preparation for this assessment, our team have created the free KY tanker endorsement practice test on this page. Working with a quiz that mirrors the real N endorsement permit test and the questions you will be required to answer on the day can dramatically speed-up your studies and give you a better overall shot at passing when the time comes. While our quiz does include some learner-support programming that will not be present on the real Kentucky DMV tanker test, the topics it addresses and questions it contains are exactly like those on the actual assessment. If you can answer the questions on this DMV tanker practice test correctly, you are on the right track to earn your Tanker Vehicles endorsement at the DMV test center.
We provide a complete range of free CDL practice tests for prospective commercial drivers from Louisville, Lexington, Frankfort and other parts of Kentucky elsewhere on our website, some of which you will likely need during other phases of your commercial driver’s training. Of the various permit tests associated with the tank-truck permit, you will certainly need to pass the Kentucky CDL general knowledge test and the Air Brakes endorsement exam. CDL general knowledge is compulsory for all commercial drivers while the air brakes endorsement is obligatory for drivers of any vehicle of Class B or above, which applies to every tank-truck on the road. The qualifications associated with these exams must be obtained prior to putting in your tanker vehicles application, so if you have yet to achieve either of them we recommend switching your focus to our KY DMV general knowledge practice test or the Air Brakes practice permit test now.
Applicants should check the maximum load of the tank-truck they will be driving to determine whether it qualifies as a Class B or Class A vehicle. In the case of Class A, you would also need to sit the Combination Vehicles DMV permit test prior to studying Tanker Vehicles material with our Kentucky tank practice test 2020 quiz. The qualifications mentioned here are the only ones you must obtain before a Tanker Vehicles permit, though there is one further endorsement you may wish to consider applying for after the tank-truck test. A great many commonly transported liquids are considered hazardous in accordance with the guidelines set out in the hazmat section of the permit test study guide; these are liquids such as gas, wastes and industrial chemicals. To work with any of these cargos you will need a Hazmat endorsement in addition to a Tanker Vehicles qualification. This license add-on can be studied for using the DMV CDL practice test KY hazmat quiz.
Why does operating a tank-truck require a dedicated qualification? Primarily because carrying large volumes of liquid in a tank-trailer presents unique driving challenges which do not apply to other similarly sized commercial vehicles without tanks. Using our CDL tanker practice test for Kentucky students in conjunction with the N endorsement material in the driver’s permit book, you will develop an understanding of “liquid surges” and how they can effect the movement of your vehicle, how a tanker vehicle’s high center of gravity increases the risk of rolling over, liquid weights and how this effects maximum load, checking for leaks and many other essential Tanker Vehicles issues. These may sound like highly technical topics but working with our 2020 tanker practice test will make getting to grips with the information easy! Let’s get started.
Pick another quiz
- Kentucky CDL Practice Test 20 questions
- KY CDL Practice Test 2: General Knowledge 20 questions
- KY CDL Practice Test 3: General Knowledge 20 questions
- KY CDL Practice Test 4: General Knowledge 20 questions
- Kentucky DMV CDL Test Cheat Sheet 50 questions
- KY CDL Drivers License Test Simulator 50 questions
- Kentucky CDL Combination Practice Test 20 questions
- Kentucky Combination CDL Test Cheat Sheet 20 questions
- Kentucky CDL Air Brakes Practice Test 20 questions
- Kentucky Air Brakes CDL Test Cheat Sheet 25 questions
- Kentucky CDL HazMat Practice Test 20 questions
- Kentucky HazMat CDL Test Cheat Sheet 30 questions
- Kentucky CDL Doubles / Triples Practice Test 20 questions
- Kentucky Doubles CDL Test Cheat Sheet 20 questions
- Kentucky CDL Tanker Practice Test In Progress
- Kentucky Tanker CDL Test Cheat Sheet 20 questions
- Kentucky CDL Passenger Practice Test 20 questions
- Kentucky Passenger CDL Test Cheat Sheet 20 questions
- Kentucky CDL School Bus Practice Test 20 questions
- Kentucky School Bus CDL Test Cheat Sheet 20 questions