Kentucky CDL General Knowledge Practice Test (KY) # 2
Reading the official CDL driver's manual is not the only way to prepare! Try this Kentucky class A practice test now!
Kentucky CDL Test Facts
- Questions: 50
- Correct answers to pass: 40
- Passing score: 80%
- Test locations: Transportation Cabinet (DMV) Offices
- Test languages: English, Spanish
- Based upon: Kentucky CDL Manual
Are you trying to find out which exams you’ll need to take and which CDL practice tests you can use, to pass the Class A license test in Kentucky for a commercial drivers license? As you are probably aware, there are three classes of commercial driving license in the state; these are Class C, Class B and Class A. For aspiring commercial drivers, Class A is a popular choice as it qualifies holders to drive some of the largest and most impressive vehicles on our roads, such as livestock transportation vehicles, school buses and flat-bed trucks. As there are so many different vehicle types and professions under the commercial driving umbrella, it can be difficult to figure out which tests you’ll need to get qualified for your dream job. You don’t need to worry though, as the entire process is remarkably simple!
If you suspect that you’d like to become a Class A driver, this Class A license KY practice test can help you get ready for your first examination. The exam we’re talking about is the general knowledge DMV permit test for Kentucky; it covers all the fundamental aspects of commercial driving general knowledge such as basic vehicle control, seeing and communicating, skid control and recovery, accident and emergency procedures, drug and alcohol considerations and basic hazardous material information. Passing this extensive 50-question KY DMV test will be your first hurdle on the path to becoming a fully-qualified commercial driver. If you can take the official exam and answer over 80 percent of the DMV test questions correctly, you should be able to start taking practical driving lessons in your vehicle of choice.
Many of the topics we’ve mentioned above are addressed on this Class A practice test for Kentucky, but if you still consider yourself a CDL general knowledge novice you’ll need to get your hands on a copy of the DMV handbook, which explores every topic in detail. Unfortunately, you are unlikely to perform well on the KY DMV permit test if you haven’t studied the DMV booklet. This quiz is not a replacement for the booklet, but it can speed up your learning considerably when used wisely. As CDL general knowledge applies to all types of vehicle and driving scenario, the actual exam is the same for everybody, irrespective of vehicle class. That means this Kentucky CDL practice test for 2020 is also suitable for all commercial driving students, whether they end up driving a taxi or a flat-bed truck. So, it doesn’t matter at all if you haven’t quite decided what you want to do with your license yet – you can still start preparing for the general knowledge exam with this quiz!
After the CDL general knowledge DMV test in Kentucky, you will probably have to take one or more smaller endorsement exams – particularly if you hope to become a Class A driver. Most larger vehicles qualify as combination vehicles and are equipped with air brakes, so Class A drivers are obligated to pass these two tests. We’re pleased to tell you that we do have a DMV CDL practice test for each of these endorsements on our website, so you won’t have to search elsewhere to prepare for the exams when the time comes.
This amazing KY Class A practice test, which also works for Class B and Class C, uses 20 multiple-choice and “true or false” questions, exactly like those you will encounter on the real exam. Our team have enhanced this quiz with great images and super-helpful study aids – you might be surprised just how fun studying for your general knowledge permit test can be!
Pick another quiz
- Kentucky CDL Practice Test 20 questions
- KY CDL Practice Test 2: General Knowledge In Progress
- KY CDL Practice Test 3: General Knowledge 20 questions
- KY CDL Practice Test 4: General Knowledge 20 questions
- Kentucky DMV CDL Test Cheat Sheet 50 questions
- KY CDL Drivers License Test Simulator 50 questions
- Kentucky CDL Combination Practice Test 20 questions
- Kentucky Combination CDL Test Cheat Sheet 20 questions
- Kentucky CDL Air Brakes Practice Test 20 questions
- Kentucky Air Brakes CDL Test Cheat Sheet 25 questions
- Kentucky CDL HazMat Practice Test 20 questions
- Kentucky HazMat CDL Test Cheat Sheet 30 questions
- Kentucky CDL Doubles / Triples Practice Test 20 questions
- Kentucky Doubles CDL Test Cheat Sheet 20 questions
- Kentucky CDL Tanker Practice Test 20 questions
- Kentucky Tanker CDL Test Cheat Sheet 20 questions
- Kentucky CDL Passenger Practice Test 20 questions
- Kentucky Passenger CDL Test Cheat Sheet 20 questions
- Kentucky CDL School Bus Practice Test 20 questions
- Kentucky School Bus CDL Test Cheat Sheet 20 questions